The world's largest electrical and electronics reuse and recycling company
Sims Recycling Solutions has operations in Australia, India, New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa, with partnership services available in several Asian Pacific nations such as China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan and Thailand.
The Recycling Solutions division of Sims Metal Management Limited was created specifically in response to the increasing social and political pressures to prevent undesirable and often hazardous materials found in electrical and electronic products being disposed of in an environmentally unsound manner.
We provide IT and electronics recovery, reuse and recycling services to OEMs, CEMs, compliance scheme operators, businesses and government organisations throughout the Asian Pacific, African and Australasia regions.
By choosing Sims you are choosing to work with a trusted Global company who deliver cost effective, legally compliant and environmentally responsible solutions.
We have helped divert over 1.3 million units of e-waste from landfill.
Our local and global reach
Our 50 operations span over five continents, and process over 500,000 tonnes of e-waste, IT and computer equipment and hazardous e-waste each year. Strategic partnerships in other countries mean that we offer our services in over 80 locations worldwide. Our operations span from Australia all the way to North America.
In Australia and New Zealand alone, during the last 3 years we are proud to have diverted more than 1.3 million waste electrical and electronic products from landfill sites. This includes output from a new state of the art recycling centre in Sydney, Australia that has Australasia’s first fully automated e-waste processing facility.
Ten regional advanced e-waste recycling locations
In the Australasia and South East Asia region, Sims Recycling Solutions processes e-waste in ten recycling centres in Australia, New Zealand, India, Singapore and South Africa. This includes the recently acquired asset recovery (IT and telecommunications equipment recovery and recycling) specialists in Chennai, southern India.
Our geographical reach, facility infrastructure, customer focus and innovative technology allows us to offer a premier solution to the B2B and B2C sectors worldwide.
What we do
Our core services are:
- E-recycling(e-waste recycling) – working to stringent legislation providing you with confidence that your e-waste is being recycled responsibly, ethically and environmentally
- Electronics recovery, refurbishment and reuse – services to help you gain maximum value from your redundant electrical, electronic, mobile devices and IT and computer equipment
- IT Asset Services – complete IT Lifecycle management for surplus or end of life IT, media and telecommunications equipment
- IT Recycling - secure, compliant and value adding reuse and recycling options.
- Secure data destruction – Government standard options to suit your data security needs.
- Hazardous waste recycling – our specialist facilities for recycling hazardous e-waste such as fridges, TVs and computer monitors ensure all hazardous materials are removed safely
- Mixed waste materials management – our advanced processes are specifically built to handle mixed waste streams
- Total waste management – we can provide you with comprehensive solutions, helping reduce your costs by working with one service provider
- Eco-days and events – activities to enhance and support your CSR and environmental objectives
- Transport, logistics and storage facilities – providing you with various solutions to help manage redundant electrical and electronic equipment either on or off your site
Cost effective solutions
Our aim is to provide you with cost effective reuse, recovery and recycling solutions which are delivered in line with legislation, government standards and your business needs.
Our advanced processing techniques for electrical and electronic waste achieve high levels of materials recovery, whilst safely recovering hazardous materials to provide maximum value to our customers.
Get in touch
Email or contact a Sims Recycling Solutions site near to you to find out more about electronics and IT asset recovery, reuse and recycling services.